Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Full Disclosure

Despite my best attempts, and popular perception about me, there are things I do which are considered “not nice” to “terrible”. A lot of these I am aware of, and I know, need fixing. A lot of these come from perceptions and pre-conceived notions of other people. I am not exactly a conformist. I am a liberal, but not a rebel. I can be quite rebellious and as petulant as a child sometimes.

I am not a guy’s guy, or a typical guy as stereotyped – no beer belly, no sweaty socks, no drinking binges with the jocks. I love hanging out with women as well as the guys, I can cook, and yes, I’d rather cuddle at home with her, than go drinking with boys from the office. I remember birthdays, anniversaries, and the first time we kissed – and what she was wearing, and every word we spoke that night.

So what’s so ‘not nice’ or ‘terrible’ about me. Well, I can be pretty self absorbed and selfish at times. I often look around wondering why it is turned dark, when I realised I have my head stuck right up my ar** and fail to see the value of people and things around me.

I don’t like people I don’t like and they know it – even if they are my mother in laws or sister. Yep, that’s not a typo, that is two mother in laws, and one sister. I’m in my second marriage, and have one sister with whom I haven’t had a decent conversation in years. And she’s a whole chapter full of questions...

I have two beautiful kids, from my current marriage. I adore them and they think I am the best dad in the world. Well that’s because I do all the cool stuff with them, like hang out at the mall, and fly off to Peru with them and Lara Croft. Homework, studies and all the things that require discipline from the parents as well..? That’s for Mommy to take care of!

See! Not very nice...

But hey I am doing my best, with the best intentions, and isn’t that what really matters?

You tell me. There’s a lot I have to ask and talk about. The conversation is just starting.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's perfectly find to not like certain people and it's obvious...I hate fakeness, so that is being genuine. So long as you aren't mean, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ In Reply to TBDetermined ~

    Hey no, I don't think I am ever mean... it is just that I won't go out of the way to call her up and say "hey mommy how are you today, why don't you come over and stay a few days"

    I just keep to myself and stick to random transactional conversations... you can't fault me on this, because there will never make an insensitive comment, but also won't make any affectionate ones either!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Please let me know what you think... I can take almost everything, except abusive language, racist comments, or anything considered inappropriate in civilized society. Thank you.